About Karen Dix, M.D., F.A.A.F.P.
"I like the science of medicine because it is fascinating, always changing, and challenging. I like applying this to the art of patient care. I enjoy working with people, helping with each individual's concerns and problems from a traditional and holistic perspective. It is very rewarding to see a patient improve."
Professional Awards & Memberships
- Dr. Dix received a Certificate of Achievement from HealthCare Partners for an outstanding performance and exceptional commitment to “Patient Satisfaction – Overall Satisfaction with Provider”.
- Dr. Dix is a three-time recipient of the American Medical Association’s (AMA) Physician Recognition Award.
- Dr. Dix also received an Award of Appreciation from Fullerton College in recognition of Outstanding Services rendered to Students.
- Dr. Dix is a member of American Medical Association and Miller-Lawrence Medical and Dental Society.
- Board-Certified in Family Practice, 1985; Recertified, 1992 and 2000; Recertification pending.
University of Illinois
Chicago Medical Center
Doctor of Medicine
University of Illinois at Champaign
Bachelor of Science: Biology
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology
- 1982 - University of California at Irvine
- 1984 - Family Practice
- Physician - Disaster Medical Assistance Team
- Physician - Tecate, Mexico - 1984 and 1985.
- Physician - Laguna Beach Free Clinic