By Brooke Strickland
Let’s face it. Getting old isn’t very cool. With age comes wisdom, but also decreased energy, gray hair, and wrinkles. Ah yes, the dreaded wrinkles. As skin ages, it loses moisture and its elasticity. There are many ways to help your skin age gracefully. We’ve compiled some tips below.
1) Protect your skin from the sun: Not only will it protect
you from skin cancer, but it will also help reduce the amount of genetic
mutations that occur when your skin ages. The more genetic mutations that
happen, the greater chance you have for developing wrinkles.
2) Antioxidants are your friend: Combat wrinkles by
enriching your diet with food & drinks that are high in antioxidants (such
as pomegranates, blueberries, green tea, acai). Also, using creams and
moisturizers that contain antioxidants are very beneficial to the skin.
3) Don’t smoke: Smoking has numerous other negative health
effects, but smokers also have a much higher risk of developing wrinkles than those
who do not smoke. We’ve all seen people with lips that have the famous lip
pursing that’s cause directly by smoking.
4) Drink a lot of water: Water is your best friend! It’s
great for you and helps flush germs and toxins out of your body, keeping your
skin moist and fresh.
5) Exercise and rest a lot: Keeping active and making sure
you’re fully rested is not only a great way to build up your immune system and
stay healthy, but also helps your body and skin strong.
6) Be happy : If you’re happy, you’re not frowning or scowling, creating negative wrinkles all over your face. Be remembered by your smile.
Your skin is your first impression on the people you meet. Keep it looking youthful and radiant.
 Capewell, Brett. How To Prevent Wrinkles. http://www.wikihow.com/Prevent-Wrinkles