Dr. Josephson (Dr. JJ) completed his undergraduate studies in Cell Biology and Neuroscience at Rutgers University and graduated Magna Cum Laude (High Honors). He fulfilled his medical training at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, and finished with Distinction in Research Award held only by a handful of graduates. During his medical training he completed an additional year at the National Institutes of Health as a Clinical Research Training Fellow and published numerous papers and presented his work at a number of conferences. Following this he completed his surgical residency at the prestigious Georgetown University/Washington Hospital Center in the heart of Washington DC. Afterwards he was invited to a unique fellowship opportunity in San Diego at UCSD (University California San Diego) and the Gordon Weiss Schanzlin Vision Institute in Cornea, Refractive and Laser Surgery.
• Dr. Josephson completed the American Academy of Ophthalmology Board Exam in the top twenty percent of the nation and is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist.
• He is among the elite trained in Laser Cataract and Refractive Surgery and is of the few ophthalmic physicians nationwide performing Intraocular Contact Lenses (ICL) and Corneal Ring Segments. He is current and highly skilled in the latest technologies in ophthalmologic surgery including complex cataract, cornea, glaucoma, and anterior segment pathology.
• He carries with him a passion for serving the indigent population including international medical missions. He was fortunate to recently travel to rural Kenya where his team performed numerous corneal transplants and various other procedures in an otherwise underserved region.
LASER Certifications and Experience:
- Visian Intraocular Contact Lens (ICL) Certified Surgeon
- Lensx Laser Cataract Surgery Certified Surgeon
- INTACS Corneal Ring Segment Certified Surgeon
- Intralase iFS for iLasik
- FS200 for iLasik
- Allegretto Excimer Laser
- Visx Excimer Laser